My authoring console would not open. I saw the following errors in the OpsMgr event log.
A Kerberos Error Message was received:
on logon session
Server Time: 0:51:45.0000 2/8/2012 Z
Error Code: 0x7 KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN
Extended Error: 0xc0000035 KLIN(0)
Server Realm: contoso.com
Server Name: MSSQLSvc/SQLSERVER.contoso.com:1433
Target Name: MSSQLSvc/SQlserver.contoso.com:firstname.lastname@example.org
Error Data is in record data.
This means that the my RMS is not able to authenticate with the SQL Server.
Lets check if the SQL server spn’s now. Here is the link describing the procedure to do it.
Sure enough, I found there were two entries.
One with the Service account name and one with the Server name.
I deleted the Service account name entry and the console started opening.
setspn -D MSSQLSvc/SQlserver.contoso.com:1433 accountname.
Now I go back to the ldp utility that I had opened from the previos link and do the search again. I see only one entry for my spn.
And the opsmgr console starts opening again.