My internet explorer started crashing one day. And this error was logged in the applicaiton log.
Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16450, time stamp: 0x503723f6
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x739ae2d4
Faulting process id: 0x4ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01cda5cf238949d0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 617f9fb0-11c2-11e2-b050-002713b3ec0b
After lot of surfing and reading through blogs. I stumbled on this solution myself. I was comparing the registry keys from my machine and another one which had IE-9 installed. I found that this key was different.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UnattendBackup\ActiveSetup\Home_Page]. On my machine it was set to an intranet site of our organization.I changed that to http://www.google.com. The internet explorer started working again. On the first launch it still went to the intranet default site. But was not crashing anymore.